Thursday, August 22, 2013

Prayer for my brothers and sisters in Egypt


  • Kimberly Creasman
    Mina! I am on my knees for Egypt. Gods power to protect, Christians full of the Holy Spirit to show grace and the Army to police and bring order, and world leaders to have understanding from God how to support. We love you and grieve to watch the news... You are a light for the hope of the Gospel...
  • Mina Maged Atta Ghaly
    Oh! Kim.. Ur timing can't be better.. I'm so depressed & frustrated.. Last 8 months were horrible on both, the public & personal level.. I was kidnapped & tortured by Muslim Brotherhood members on Dec 7th, 2012 bec I participated in the protests against them .. And since then I've been in all sorts of courts asking for law to be applied.. And they replied by accusing me of attacking a member of theirs & their headquarters in Assiut.. Last but not least.. My house was set on fire last Wednesday.. It's so hard now to be strong for my family.. To forgive.. I'm struggling in order not to hate them! We all really need ur prayers.. Thx for this msg :')
  • Today
  • Kimberly Creasman
    Mina,
    My heart is heavy with your news.
    You may hate. You may hate the one who is behind their acts and their darkened minds. Hate with a vengeance our enemy the Devil and any forces of darkness who serve his aims. And know as you hate him that you have the God of the universe on your side who will bring justice. Perhaps not for these individual victories Satan has had against you, but surely in eternal punishment and also eternal blessing; a promised life free of pain, and darkness, and evil. This promised eternal life will make our entire existence here feel very much like what Paul called "momentary afflictions."
    I know you know this my friend, but... our enemy the Devil will target YOU. Because of your strength and exceptional talent, the Devil will, no doubt, target YOU.
    And he will use those who are victims under his darkness to target you as well. He hates the truth. He hates our God. Causing problems for those God loves - us - is the only way he has any power to grieve God. And I know that in what is happening in Egypt there is no one more grieved than our Father in Heaven (as much as it may seem - on the ground - like he has turned his back on you).
    And, as hard as it is to see it from your vantage point. The Muslim Brotherhood individuals are victims too. Victims of his the Devil's lies from the beginnings of a religion that followed a false prophet. They did not choose to be born into Muslim families, where they would not have a chance to hear (rationally) or see (experientially) the truth of a loving heavenly father who initiated the incarnation of his son as a way to restore humankind to a relationship with himself. They don't KNOW yet what we know and have experienced. And it's not their fault they don't know. So while I pray for you...and Egypts military...and world leaders to be wise in their support...I also pray for those who are living in darkness. Including the Muslim Brotherhood who are being so hateful and prejudiced against my brothers and sisters in Egypt...and around the world.
    God have mercy. Help us figure out a way to convince those who follow Islam that you are The Way, the Truth and the life. No one comes to you except through your son!
    Lord, Jesus, Dear Father, Powerful Holy Spirit, I pray for Mina and those like him who are struggling in their hearts and minds to have courage and integrity, and the will rise above this evil against them. They need the grace you alone can give us to see these horrible events and their suffering as you see it. We admit that we cannot do this on our own! It is so unjust! We look to you Lord, knowing that our life on earth is but a breath, and that you will reward and bless us, even if there is no justice this side of eternity. While we will continue to beg you to bring justice and peace on earth, and use us to be part of the solution, and we will persevere by your strength to fight not only for ourselves, but for all victims of injustice, as you allow us to be involved.
    We know your kingdom is coming, and we know that you have proven your love for us because of your incarnation and suffering on the cross, but in the face of this hardship and suffering, your children need your comfort. your peace. your hope. your Holy Spirit. Lord I pray that Mina, and your children in Egypt will resist the temptation to harden their hearts. And that you will give them fellowship with other believers to encourage one another to be steadfast and strong in the face of the present darkness that assaults them. Lord, I will continue to pray this, because I know it is your will. Strengthen Mina today, and use him and the story you are writing with his life to strengthen others. AMEN!
    Mina, I have told my friends about you all, our Christian brothers and sisters in Egypt who love Jesus and are creative...and whom God loves and can use to share the good news of Jesus in the mid-east...I want to remind those I know of the reality of the situation. May I pass on your message in a facebook post without saying your name? It is so easy when watching the news to feel it is somewhere far away, but you are my dear brothers and sisters, and therefore "a friend of a friend" on Facebook.
  • Mina Maged Atta Ghaly
    ... AMEN! AMEN! great encouraging prayers desperately needed :') .. Of course you may.. And no problem if u tell my name.. It's no secret!
  • Mina Maged Atta Ghaly
    Just informed that the (Freedom & Justice) Party leader in Assiut, the one who supervised the process of torturing me, was arrested!!
  • Today
  • Kimberly Creasman
    wonderful wonderful news. know that your brothers and sisters around the world are upholding you and Egypt in prayer for protection and wisdom and justice and peace. Don't give up. Satan wants you broken and bitter! Don't let him win on that front!

No comments: